ITMO University (Saint-Petersburg, Russia) is offering a postdoctoral position to a bright and highly motivated young scientist who wishes to enhance his/her scientific career. The successful candidate will be joining the recently established laboratory “Metamaterials” led by Prof. Pavel Belov.
The group has experience both in theoretical modeling and experimental studies in the areas of plasmonics, metamaterials, all-dielectric nanophotonics, topological photonics, nonlinear nanophotonics etc. In the laboratory theoreticians closely collaborate with the experimentalists possessing state of the art facilities for both the optical and microwave experiments. The candidate will participate in on-going projects of the group and develop novel research ideas in any of the areas mentioned above or new emerging opportunities. Initial salary strongly depends on the qualification of the applicant. Further unlimited growth of salary is possible.
- Candidates must hold an internationally-recognized Ph.D.-equivalent degree (or evidence of its completion in the nearest future), preferably in theoretical physics, electrical engineering or optics.
- Additional expertise in electrodynamics, plasmonics, nanooptics or quantum physics is desired.
- The candidate should have a proven track record of excellence in academics and research, alongside experience in analytical mathematical methods and in the development of numerical simulation tools.
- • Высшее образование
- • Английский язык (cвободное владение)
The formal application should be submitted online. Suitable candidates are requested to submit:
- Motivation letter with a declaration of interest,
- Curriculum Vitae, including full address, contact phone number and e-mail address,
- The contact e-mail of two potential referees.
- Candidates should be willing to be contacted by phone during the selection process.