ITMO University (Saint-Petersburg, Russia) is offering a postdoctoral position to a bright and highly motivated young scientist who wishes to enhance his/her scientific career. The successful candidate will be joining the recently established laboratory “Metamaterials” (http://metalab.ifmo.ru/) led by Prof. Pavel Belov.
The group has experience both in theoretical modeling and experimental studies in the areas of microwave metamaterials and metasurfaces, microwave devices, antennas and their applications etc. In the laboratory theoreticians closely collaborate with the experimentalists possessing state of the art facilities for microwave experiments.
The candidate will participate in the on-going projects of the group and will be involved in fabrication of 2D and 3D metamaterials, various resonant structures, experimental characterization of their microwave properties, as well as their numerical simulation.
Starting salary is set after the interview with the applicant and depends on the qualification. Further growth of salary is possible in the case of high research achievements.
- Candidates must hold an internationally-recognized Ph.D.-equivalent degree (or evidence of its completion in the nearest future), preferably in Radio Engineering.
- The expertise in microwave design, technology and techniques, microelectronics, electrical engineering and microwave experiment are highly required.
- The candidate should have a proven experience in measurements of microwave devices/metamaterials and track record in academics and research, along with the experience in microwave measurement techniques and analysis, numerical simulations of electrodynamic problems (CST MWS/COMSOL/HFSS or other numerical packages).
- Advanced skills in programming (C, Matlab, LabView or script languages), and expertise in CAD software and machine operation will be advantageous.
- Creativity, independent thinking, and readiness to conduct standalone research projects will be evaluated as highly as professional skills.
- • Высшее образование
- • Английский язык (разговорный)
The formal application should be submitted online.
- Suitable candidates are requested to submit:
- Motivation letter with a declaration of interest,
- Curriculum Vitae, including full address, contact phone number and e-mail address,
- The contact e-mail of two potential referees.
Candidates should be willing to be contacted by phone during the selection process.