ITMO University (Saint-Petersburg, Russia) is offering a postdoctoral position to a bright and highly motivated young scientist who wishes to enhance his/her scientific career. The successful candidate will join the recently established laboratory “Metamaterials” led by Prof. Pavel Belov.
The group has experience both in theoretical modeling and experimental studies in the areas of plasmonics, metamaterials, all-dielectric nanophotonics, topological photonics, nonlinear nanophotonics etc. In the laboratory theoreticians closely collaborate with the experimentalists possessing state of the art facilities for both the optical and microwave experiments. The candidate will participate in the on-going projects of the group and will be involved in fabrication of 2D and 3D metamaterials, different resonant nano-/micro-structures, experimental characterization of their optical properties, and conduction of the supporting numerical simulations. Initial salary strongly depends on the qualification of the applicant. Further unlimited growth of salary is possible.
- Candidates must hold an internationally-recognized Ph.D.-equivalent degree (or evidence of its completion in the nearest future), preferably in optics or laser physics, with additional expertise in microelectronics, electrical engineering and chemistry.
- The candidate should have a proven experience in 3D nanolithography methods and track record in academics and research, along with the experience in optical measurement techniques and spectroscopy, numerical simulations of electrodynamic problems (CST MWS/COMSOL/Lumerical/HFSS or other numerical packages).
- Advanced skills in programming (C, Matlab, or script languages), and expertise in CAD software and CNC-machine operation will be advantageous.
- Creativity, independent thinking, and readiness to conduct standalone research projects will be evaluated as highly as professional skills.
- • Высшее образование
- • Английский язык (разговорный)
The formal application should be submitted online. Suitable candidates are requested to submit:
- Motivation letter with a declaration of interest,
- Curriculum Vitae, including full address, contact phone number and e-mail address,
- The contact e-mail of two potential referees.
- Candidates should be willing to be contacted by phone during the selection process.