• AML Regulatory Officer has overall responsibility for ensuring that effective AML procedures are in place to fully meet Russian AML regulatory requirements, Citigroup AML Policies and Standards.
• AML Regulatory Officer reports to AML Country Officer.
• Overall responsibility for ensuring that effective AML procedures are in place to fully meet Russian AML regulatory requirements, Citigroup AML Policies and Standards.
• Monitor the changes in AML regulatory requirements and Citigroup AML Policies (Standards) to ensure their timely implementation in the Bank internal procedures and processes (which involves but not limited to gap analysis, detection of impacted businesses, processes and procedures, preparation of the implementation action plan, escalation of AML regulatory changes to the respective Bank Committees).
• Advise and assist the business to assess the ways, in which products under development may be abused by money launderers in order to establish appropriate AML controls before product is rolled out into the marketplace.
• Develop and timely update AML programs and procedures, including AML Rules.
• Responsible for efficient communication with CBR and Russian Financial Intelligence Unit on AML related matters (including but not limited to advocating before CBR, Federal Financial Monitoring Service (FFMS) on behalf of the Bank, acting as one of contact persons for the Bank in course of CBR inspections, preparation of written responses to CBR, FFMS).
• Participate in AML related meetings and working groups of Russian financial market associations and advocate Bank interests through them before the regulator.
• Efficiently co-operate and interact with the Citi Global and Regional Compliance/AML Departments.
• Must oversee and ensure proper handling of regulatory information inquiries and keep proper log/records of such inquiries and their status.
• Provide advisory support to the business on AML regulatory requirements observance and on their implementation in business processes and procedures.
• Participate in the review and approval of business procedures, processes and products in order to ensure their compliance with Russian AML regulatory requirements, AML Rules and Citigroup AML Standards and Policies.
• Participate in preparation of reports/data on AML regulatory matters which are subject to submission to Bank Senior Management and respective Committees.
• Develop AML training materials for the Bank staff.
• Attend each year at least one formal AML training program, either internal or external.
• Position holder must have at least 3 years’ experience dealing with the AMLregulatory or legal issues within a Banking environment.
• Exposure working with and supporting a business in a front line role.
• Knowledge and understanding of the Russian regulatory base in AML.
• Degree educated in law.
• Fluent English.
• Strong knowledge of the Russian AML regulations.
• High level of proficiency with all MS Office products.
• Strong communication skills in Russian and English (written and oral).
• Strong work ethic and excellent use of discretion and judgment.
• Ability to work with the Business in a front line and advisory role.
• Ability to build relationships at all levels across the Business and with the AML Units.
• Ability to write and maintain policies and procedures.
• Strong organisational ability.
• Verbal and written communication skills.
• Organisational skills.
• Analytical skills.
• Teamwork / Leadership.